The Nutrition and Physical Fitness Program is a federally funded program that works to improve the health and lifestyle habits for people of all ages in Calaveras County.
The objectives of the program are:
- Inform the community of the value of eating from all five food groups
- Educate community members on how to grow and eat what is in season
- Communicate the health risks of sugar sweetened beverages
- Increase the amount of time every person is active each day
- Teach community members how to live healthy on a budget