The goal of the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program is to reduce the incidence of lead poisoning in children, youth and young adults in Calaveras County through education, information and referrals. The program coordinates with local medical providers to assure testing and treatment services are available and the source of lead exposure is assessed. There are no eligibility requirements for this program.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Educate the community on the health risks of lead exposure and lead poisoning.
- Reduce the rate of lead poisoning in children, youth, and young adults.
- Coordinate with local medical providers to assure testing and treatment services are available to the community.
- Provide educational services by way of presentations, lead poisoning prevention handouts, and coordination with local agencies.
- Coordinate with local and state authorities to ensure that identified lead hazards are identified and eliminated.